HR Transformation - Human Resources at Ohio State
Delivering HR Excellence. Inspiring People. Leading Change.
Human Resources at The Ohio State University is currently leading a transformative redesign of the HR Service Delivery model guided by the focus and implementation of its 2018-2023 strategic plan, published in May 2018, to deliver an exceptional employee experience for faculty, staff and students.
Led by the three strategic focus areas of HR Excellence, Talent Management and Total Rewards along with five core foundational themes (Change Management, Communication, Compliance/Management of Risk, Culture and Diversity & Inclusion) to guide the priorities of the HR community, the HR strategic plan serves as a roadmap to deliver transformative core processes and HR services.
There are several initiatives underway focused on delivering the strategic talent and culture framework that will influence employee inspiration, student success, patient care and global solutions, including HR Service Delivery, Career Roadmap and the Human Capital Management (HCM) focus of the Enterprise Project, which includes the Summer 2020 implementation of Workday.
As a collective result of these efforts, Human Resources seeks to realize the following benefits for the Ohio State community:
- A leading faculty, staff and student experience.
- Consistent and streamlined processes.
- Data and transaction integrity.
- Clear pathways to HR career progression.
- Risk reduction.
To learn more about our progress and plans through the resources and materials available on the HR Transformation web page, please check back frequently for timely informational updates.
- HR Strategic Plan 2018-2023
- Board of Trustees Talent and Compensation Committee Materials (August 29, 2019)
- Board of Trustees Talent and Compensation Committee Materials (May 30, 2019)
- Recap: Conversation with Susan Basso and HR Leadership (May 29, 2019)
- HR Town Hall Presentation and Keynote Address (April 26, 2019)
- HR Town Hall Presentation (October 10, 2018)
- Board of Trustees Talent and Compensation Committee Materials (June 7, 2018)
- HR Town Hall Presentation (May 16, 2018)
- Topping the HR Agenda: talent, total rewards and excellent service, a recap of the May 10 USAC event with Senior HR VP, Susan Basso (May 10, 2018)