Employee and Labor Relations Senior Representatives collaborate with human resource professionals to administer and interpret various collective bargaining agreements to ensure integration and consistency across the university, facilitate problem resolution to mitigate risk and work to enhance labor and management relationships.
Specific services include:
- Providing leadership and strategic direction on labor relations matters ensuring integration and alignment with Human Resources and university goals.
- Negotiating, administering and interpreting various collective bargaining agreements, facilitating problem resolution and working to enhance labor and management relationships.
- Providing guidance to the university related to labor union activities.
- Advising managers, human resource professionals and Employee and Labor Relations Senior Representatives regarding union contracts and university policies.
- Collaborating with union leadership to resolve conflicts and establishing proactive labor relations practices.
This webpage includes many resources for Ohio State’s labor community, including collective bargaining agreements, labor union resources and links to websites for labor unions.
Documents and Resources
Below are copies of Ohio State’s agreements with its associated labor unions. The two most recent agreements are available here. Contact Employee and Labor Relations to request copies of earlier agreements. The PDF files may be untagged and not accessible. If you need these documents in an alternative, accessible format, please contact email@example.com.
Communications Workers of America Local 4501 – Service Employees and Skilled Trades and Maintenance Employees
Communications Workers of America Local 4501 – Members Only
Fraternal Order of Police Ohio Labor Council, Inc. – Full Time Alarm and Video Monitoring Officers
Fraternal Order of Police Ohio Labor Council, Inc. – Full Time Campus Security Officers
Fraternal Order of Police Ohio Labor Council, Inc. – Full Time Public Safety Dispatchers
Fraternal Order of Police Capital City, Lodge No. 9 – Full Time University Law Enforcement Officers and University Law Enforcement Supervisors
Graphic Communications Conference/International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 508-M of District Council 3 – Print Shop Employees
Ohio Nurses Association
OSU Transplant Nurses Organization
Below are some of the resources available to managers and Communications Workers of America (CWA) members. Contact Employee and Labor Relations for more information on these resources.
- Steward List – Provides managers and employees with contact information for union stewards and union leaders.
- Job Audit Review Process, Forms and Notifications – Provides information for managers and employees on the job audit review process, including mandatory forms and tools.
- Corrective Action Request Packet Checklist – Managers can use this checklist to reference the information needed to request corrective action for a CWA member.
- Corrective Action/Hearing Request Form – Managers can use this form to request a corrective action hearing through OHR.
- Documented Constructive Counseling – Managers must use this form as part of the corrective action process.
- Attendance Issues Guide – Managers can reference this guide for a step-by-step overview of the corrective action process for CWA members with attendance issues.
- Communications Workers of America Local 4501
- Fraternal Order of Police Capital City, Lodge No. 9
- Fraternal Order of Police Ohio Labor Council, Inc.
- Graphic Communications Conference/International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 508-M of District Council 3
- Ohio Nurses Association
- The Ohio State University Nurses Organization