Disability Benefits and Leave Services - Human Resources at Ohio State
Integrated Absence Management and Vocational Services
(Disability Benefits and Leave Services)
The Integrated Absence Management and Vocational Services (IAMVS) team in Human Resources helps to maintain and improve the productivity and quality of life of Ohio State employees with occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses through personalized disability and leave management. As a top employer, Ohio State leads other public and private entities in offering transitional work opportunities as a benefit to employees.
Services offered by IAMVS include:
- Family and Medical Leave administration
- Consultation regarding disability benefits, including
- workers’ compensation
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- OPERS/STRS disability retirement
- Workplace accommodations, including coordination of return-to-work and remain-at-work
- Onsite physical therapy services and ergonomic assessments
- Job search assistance for employees whose medical conditions prevent them from returning to their original occupation
- Referrals to university resources
If you are looking for information about religious accommodations, visit the Employee and Labor Relations page for details.