Visiting Scholars - Human Resources at Ohio State
Visiting Scholars are faculty members, researchers or students at their home institution who come to Ohio State by invitation for a designated period of time to assist in teaching, conduct research or participate in other scholarly activities.
|Standard Hours||.1 hours||1 – 29.99 hours||30 – 40 hours||1 – 40 hours|
|OSU Health Benefits-Eligible||No||No||Yes||Yes|
An individual with a Visiting Scholar job code can be appointed on a salaried or non-salaried appointment, or receive a stipend from the university. All offer letters must reflect the conditions of the employment agreement and must be annually renewed.
- Appointment should be Temporary if less than 1 year
- Appointment should be Term if 1-3 years
- Standard hours must be entered appropriately
- Either non-salaried or will receive a stipend from the university
- Appointment should be Temporary
- Standard hours are 0.1