Open Enrollment begins today and is available through Wednesday, November 15, 2023.
Open Enrollment is the time to evaluate your benefit options and make any necessary elections for the coming year. All elections made during Open Enrollment become effective January 1, 2024.
- Medical coverage
- Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Enrollment for 2024 benefits will take place in Workday for full-time and part-time faculty and staff in regular, term or seasonal positions.
Make your elections by clicking on the Enroll Now button below. Click on the “Open Enrollment Change” inbox item and follow the prompts. Don’t forget to select “I accept” and “Submit” to complete your enrollment.
More detailed, step-by-step instructions for enrolling in Workday can be found in the Administrative Resource Center. Forms are available on the Enrollment Assistance and Resources page if you are unable to make elections through Workday.
What’s Changing in 2024
- Increases in 2024 employee contributions for medical and dental plans
- Enhancements to the Dental Plan
- Increase in Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) limit
- Name change of Trustmark, the medical claims administrator, to Luminare Health
Ways to Save
Using pre-tax dollars from a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) means you save money that would otherwise be spent on federal and state taxes. During Open Enrollment, you can elect:
- A Health Care FSA to pay for eligible health care expenses for you and your eligible dependents.
- A Dependent Care FSA, sometimes known as dependent day care, to pay for expenses related to the care of your dependents.
By participating in Ohio State’s employee wellness program, Your Plan for Health (YP4H), you can earn:
- Premium credit of up to $480 per year if you and your enrolled spouse take your annual Personal Health & Wellbeing Assessment with biometrics.
- Up to $500 a year paid by the university to your Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) if you participate in the YP4H Incentive Program, with an additional $500 a year if your spouse participates.
Visit the Enrollment Assistance and Resources page to register for an Open Enrollment webinar or view a recorded presentation. In addition to the online resources, a printed overview of important Open Enrollment information was mailed to your home.
To log into Workday, you will need your Ohio State username (last name.#), password and your BuckeyePass authentication with Duo to log in. Forgot your username or password? Visit ocio.osu.edu/KB00040 for information on how to recover your username or reset your password.
If you have questions, contact HR Connection at hrconnection.osu.edu, (614) 247-myHR (6947) or 1-800-678-6010. Representatives are available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Ohio State is proud to offer eligible faculty and staff exceptional benefits as part of your total rewards package. Learn more at hr.osu.edu/oe.