Open Enrollment is the annual opportunity for you to evaluate your benefit options and make elections for the upcoming year.
Open Enrollment for the 2024 benefit plan year is November 1-15, 2023.
What’s Changing in 2024
- Increases in 2024 employee contributions for medical and dental plans
- Enhancements to the Dental Plan
- Increase in Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) limit
- Name change of Trustmark, the medical claims administrator, to Luminare Health
- Medical coverage
- Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
All elections made during Open Enrollment become effective January 1, 2024.
Ways to Save
Using pre-tax dollars from a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) means you save money that would otherwise be spent on federal and state taxes. During Open Enrollment, you can elect:
- A Health Care FSA to pay for eligible health care expenses for you and your eligible dependents.
- A Dependent Care FSA, sometimes known as dependent day care, to pay for expenses related to the care of your dependents.
Another way to save is by participating in Ohio State’s employee wellness program, Your Plan for Health (YP4H). You can earn:
- Premium credit of up to $480 per year if you and your enrolled spouse take your annual Personal Health & Wellbeing Assessment with biometrics.
- Up to $500 a year paid by the university to your Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) if you participate in the YP4H Incentive Program, with an additional $500 a year if your spouse participates.
In addition to the online resources, a printed overview of important Open Enrollment information will be mailed to your home. Live webinars and recorded videos are also available.
Ohio State is proud to offer eligible faculty and staff exceptional benefits as part of your total rewards package. Learn more at hr.osu.edu/oe.