Ohio State has expanded its partnership with Bright Horizons to offer back-up care benefits for children, adults and elderly family members. Eligible employees have access to a network of subsidized high-quality centers and in-home care providers. You will need to create an account and profile to use this service.
When you register and complete a back-up care profile in your Bright Horizons portal by April 1, you will be entered to win a $50 gift card from select retailers.*
Create Your Back-up Care Profile:
- Visit the Bright Horizons portal and create an account using your firstname.lastname@example.org or @osumc.edu email address.
- Create your back-up care profile by selecting any of the “Back-up Care” links
- Complete employee profile: Provide your relevant contact and employment information.
- Add care recipients: Enter your relationship, care location(s), and health information, and download/complete any required care forms.
- Add authorized contacts: Add any adults (e.g., spouse/partner, grandparent, friend) as emergency contacts and/or individuals who are authorized to pick up care recipients.
- Browse care locations: You can choose locations near your home and/or along your work route.
- When ready, make a reservation for care.
You can learn more about Ohio State’s family care support benefits on the HR website.
*Those who register for a Bright Horizons account from January 1 – April 1, 2023, will earn one raffle entry, and those who complete a Back-up Care profile will earn an additional raffle entry. You do not need to use the Back-up Care service by April 1 to be entered in the raffle. Winners will be notified the week of April 3, 2023. Winners will have a choice to accept or decline the taxable prize. The $50 prize will be provided in the form of adding PulseCash to an employee’s Your Plan for Health account and can be redeemed at any time, for any gift card available through Virgin Pulse.