When Workday launches in January, it will include a new online job application site and applicant tracking system for campus and the medical center. In order to enable a successful implementation, there are some upcoming changes to the recruitment and job application process:
- There are recruitment and hiring date changes for November-January, including that between November 18, 2020, and January 3, 2021, requests for approval of new positions and requisitions will pause until Workday goes live. Recruitment will continue with positions that are open – interviews can continue to take place and offers can be extended. If managers would like to offer someone a position during the downtime, please work directly with your Talent Acquisition Consultant.
- The last day job applications can be accepted in our current systems (PeopleAdmin and People Soft) is December 6, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. Online applications cannot be accepted in PeopleSoft and PeopleAdmin December 7, 2020, through January 3, 2021. Applicants will be contacted if they need to reapply for a position in Workday, which they applied for in PeopleAdmin/PeopleSoft.
- Anyone interested in career opportunities at Ohio State, can visit the new jobs website hosted by Workday on January 3, 2021, to view all open positions.
- All future-dated hires and transfers with a start date before January 31, 2021, should have final approval in HRA by November 30, 2020.
- All hires with a start date beginning February 1, 2021, that are entered into HRA will be denied. Hires beginning February 1, 2021, must be processed in Workday.
- Talent Acquisition consultants will manually key active requisitions into Workday between December 21 and December 29. Prior to December 21, campus TA Consultants will work with units to close out old campus requisitions and disposition applicants.
- Once Workday goes live, managers will be responsible for the hiring of employees in Workday.
- Ohio State is implementing common start dates for staff every other Monday with all new staff across the university and medical center starting on the same day and attending a virtual orientation. The last common start date for 2020 is December 7. The first common start date for next year is January 11, 2021, which will be aligned with campus and medical center orientation. More information and a list of start dates is available on the HR website.
If you have questions, reach out directly to your Talent Acquisition consultant.