Ohio State is implementing Workday as the new HR, payroll, finance and supply chain system, which will result in operational efficiencies and improved employee experiences. It’s important for hiring managers to know that the January 4, 2021, HR and payroll Workday implementation impacts recruiting and hiring timelines through January 2021.
The transition to Workday will have short-term impacts on operations, including deadlines for using current systems. Many of these deadlines have been published on the Enterprise Project’s Workday Calendar.
In order to go live with Workday on time and ensure a positive new employee experience, Ohio State must adjust the following employee recruiting and hiring practices for November 2020 through January 2021:
- Prior to November 19, it’s business as usual, and it is strongly recommended to start as much January 2021 recruitment as possible by this date, while still following the guidelines of the temporary campus hiring pause due to the COVID-19 state of emergency.
- All job requisitions must be submitted by November 16.
- After November 19, requests for new positions will stop being approved until Workday goes live on January 4, but recruitment will not stop (interviews will take place, offers will be extended, etc.).
- Leaders, HR and finance teams should work together to identify anticipated staffing needs for December and January, then submit those position requests by the end of October.
- Approved start dates in December for new employees and internal transfers will be December 1-10.
- The last Medical Center Orientation (MCO) for the year will be held on December 7, 2020, and the first MCO in 2021 will be on January 11, 202 Nurses and Patient Care Associates will start with the first MCO on January 11, 2021, as decided by the medical center.
These dates have been reviewed and approved by the Enterprise Project’s Executive Sponsors, which include campus and Wexner Medical Center leaders.
Please consult with your HR Business Partner regarding these dates and how to continue your unit’s operations during this critical transition.