Open Enrollment is the annual opportunity for you to evaluate your benefit options and make your elections for the upcoming year. Open Enrollment for the 2019 benefit plan year will be available November 1-14, 2018.
While health care premiums around the country continue to increase, we are excited to share that, in 2019, all of the employee contribution rates for Ohio State’s faculty and staff medical plans will decrease! In addition, there will be no changes to deductibles, annual maximums or coinsurance/copayments for any health plan, including dental and vision.
Our ability to minimize cost increases this year is the outcome of collaborative efforts by the Office of Human Resources and OSU Health Plan diligently managing our plans and Ohio State faculty and staff making healthy lifestyle wellness choices. It is a rare accomplishment in today’s health care environment, and one that we are proud will benefit our faculty and staff.
We strongly encourage you to visit the Open Enrollment website to learn about your 2019 benefits and select the options that best fit your needs for the coming year. You can take a guided online tour of all available options or select a shorter overview of essential information.
The website includes details of all benefit options available during Open Enrollment and what will be new in 2019, such as:
- The move to a quarterly incentive program by Your Plan for Health (YP4H)
- A new option for fitness memberships through YP4H
- A special enrollment opportunity for Short-Term Disability
- Information about participating in Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
New this year, we are reducing the size of printed and mailed material to leverage the improved Open Enrollment website. In addition to the website, Ohio State will provide the following resources in mid-October:
- Decision tools: myBenefitsMentor, an informed enrollment resource that can assist you in making informed health care decisions. The online interactive tool will be available in Employee Self Service (under the eBenefits header), while the paper statement will be mailed to the home address for anyone enrolled in a medical plan prior to August 1, 2018.
- Open Enrollment Overview: A printed overview of Open Enrollment updates sent to your home.
- Presentations: Live webinars, in-person forums and recorded videos presented by benefits consultants.
Ohio State is proud to offer eligible faculty and staff exceptional total rewards, including the benefit options available during Open Enrollment. Learn more at hr.osu.edu/oe.