As part of Ohio State’s ongoing commitment to providing a safe campus for faculty, staff and students, the Workplace Violence Policy has been revised to better define workplace violence and what to do in the event that a violent situation arises.
The policy promotes an atmosphere that encourages learning and productive employment, and helps provide faculty, staff and students with a safe and secure environment that is free from threats and violence.
The revised policy includes the following changes:
- The definition of “workplace violence” has been updated to better explain threatening and violent behavior and what is included in the policy.
- The policy includes more details on how and when to report incidents of workplace violence.
- The policy better clarifies that Human Resources Professionals and anyone who supervises faculty, staff, students or volunteers are required to report allegations of workplace violence. Additionally, anyone who experiences, observes or believes they may be targets of workplace violence is encouraged to report allegations of workplace violence.
- The revised policy applies to all university and Wexner Medical Center faculty, staff, graduate associates and student employees, instead of continuing to have separate policies for the university and Wexner Medical Center.
- Additional resources and training materials are included in the policy.
Please review the Workplace Violence Policy for all of the revisions.
If you have questions, contact the Employee and Labor Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.