Open Enrollment for 2018 benefits will be available November 1-14, 2017.
As a result of proactive plan management and positive health improvement for plan members, there are limited plan changes for 2018. In addition, medical plan contribution rates will decrease for many participants.
Updates for the coming year include an enhanced Your Plan for Health wellness initiative with:
- Greater personalization with a new mobile app and online portal.
- More available points.
- Compatibility with more fitness devices.
- Opportunities for you and your spouse to each earn up to $250 in Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) credits.
In addition, maintenance medication will be available with a 90-day prescription at certain preferred retail pharmacies. Previously, 90-day prescriptions were only available through home delivery.
There are also previously announced changes in benefits eligibility for same-sex domestic partners and their children.
The Open Enrollment website has details on these and other 2018 updates.
An Open Enrollment booklet will be mailed to the home of benefits-eligible employees in October. In addition, the Open Enrollment website provides detail on the following:
- Your informed enrollment resource, myBenefitsMentor, can help model your 2018 medical and pharmacy costs.
- Live webinars and in-person forums are presented by benefits consultants.
- A pre-recorded video presentation about Open Enrollment will be available in October.
- Eligibility criteria for yourself and your dependents
We hope these resources help you make informed decisions about Ohio State benefits. Remember, this is just a quick overview of some of the benefit changes and enhancements taking place in 2018. Additional communication will be shared in the weeks leading up to Open Enrollment.