YP4H, Ohio State’s employee wellness program, is introducing The Scarlet vs. Gray Showdown – a new physical activity team challenge taking place May 1 – June 25.
Benefits-eligible faculty and staff, and their benefits-enrolled spouses/same sex domestic partners will be randomly split into two teams representing Ohio State’s iconic signature colors and compete head-to-head in a friendly rivalry. The color team with the highest average minutes per participant will be declared this year’s champion and win a coveted YP4H Team Scarlet or Team Gray t-shirt.
Throughout the challenge, participants have the opportunity to earn up to 700 YP4H points and win a Fitbit Blaze. Participants enrolled in an Ohio State medical plan can receive YP4H points towards earning Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) credits, which can help pay for eligible health care expenses. Participants not enrolled in an Ohio State medical plan can earn Amazon gift cards.
Besides rewarding and fun challenges, here are additional ways faculty and staff can get active around campus:
- Health and wellness events: Physical activity classes are scheduled across campus, including STRONG Boot Camp, Zumba!, LaBlast and more.
- Columbus Campus Bike Sharing: Faculty and staff can participate in the bike sharing program as a way to travel across campus.
- Walking paths: There are numerous paths around campus, including the new Buckeye Path to Wellness.
- Department group fitness: Book fitness classes for your colleagues and department.
- Fitness center discounts: As a benefit of working at Ohio State, many fitness facilities offer discounts for Ohio State faculty and staff.
- Wellness tips: YP4H has ways to incorporate fitness into your everyday work life.