The Ohio State University is a rewarding place to live, work and grow, largely thanks to its community of dedicated faculty and staff. Recently, many faculty and staff members have been honored with prestigious awards and recognition for their hard work and commitment to excellence.
Below are select examples of recent achievements:
Four Ohio State faculty were recently awarded Fulbright U.S. Scholar Grants by the U.S. Department of State. The proud recipients are:
- Stephanie Hoffer (Moritz College of Law), who will work with Vienna University of Economics and Business to research tax law.
- Berry Lyons (College of Arts and Sciences), who will be researching and teaching in Ireland.
- Stan Thompson (College of Food, Agriculture and Environmental Sciences), who will work with Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague.
- Francis John Troyan (College of Education and Human Ecology), who will work as a scholar in Montpellier, France.
American Chemical Society Energy and Fuels Division Storch Award
- Umit Ozkan (College of Engineering) is the first woman recipient of the Henry H. Storch Award. Ozkan is a trailblazer who has often been the first woman in her field to be honored for her contributions.
Sports Business Daily Journal’s Forty Under 40 List
- Deputy Athletic Director Martin Jarmond was named to the Sports Business Daily Journal’s Forty Under 40 Class of 2017, distinguishing him as one of the most talented sports business professionals under 40 years old.
National Science Foundation CAREER Awards
- Nicholas Brunelli (Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering) is the recipient of a $530,000 National Science Foundation CAREER Award for his research on catalytic material design.
- David Nagib (Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry) was awarded a $700,000 National Science Foundation CAREER Award that will help him build better medicine.
- David Penneys (Department of Mathematics) is the recipient of a $420,000 National Science Foundation CAREER Award for his quantum symmetry research.
Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology Most Influential Author
- Tim Judge, the Joseph A. Alutto Chair in Leadership Effectiveness at Fisher College of Business, named the most influential author in industrial and organizational psychology.