The Ohio State University is a diverse community of people and ideas. As part of the university’s commitment to diversity, Ohio State aims to be a standard of excellence for employment equity in higher education.
In the coming year, the Office of Human Resources will lead initiatives to revitalize and reenergize Ohio State’s efforts related to Affirmative Action. The following are some of the projects and activities that will begin throughout the next year:
- The Affirmative Action Coordinator will work with human resource professionals across campus and the medical center to make diversity and compliance efforts more robust. This will include creating a central repository related to Affirmative Action compliance.
- Affirmative Action related data will be shared with key stakeholders in colleges and business units on a periodic basis to improve our accountability. This will allow for a strategic analysis of individual units to determine where applicable efforts could be most effective.
- Policy 1.10 Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, and Non-Discrimination/Harassment will be revised to expand content and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Existing HR resources, such as BuckeyeLearn and Gateway to Learning, will be utilized to provide learning opportunities that foster understanding and support of Affirmative Action efforts.
- The required Affirmative Action Plan reporting processes will be enhanced through a collaboration between the Affirmative Action Coordinator and the OHR Tech, Process, and Data Solutions Team. This will increase the efficiency of the reporting process, while expanding it to include additional information that can assist colleges and business units with strategic decision making on Affirmative Action.
- We will continue to support and build upon existing programs that aim to recruit a diverse workforce, such as the Nisonger Center’s TOPS Program, which prepares individuals with intellectual disabilities for the workforce.
For more information on these activities or the university’s Affirmative Action efforts, contact Terra Metzger, Affirmative Action Coordinator, at Metzger.email@example.com.