Before You Start - Human Resources at Ohio State
A guide for new employees
Before You Start
Congratulations on accepting your new opportunity at Ohio State!
- Review the Benefits Overview for new hires.
- Expect to be contacted by your manager or human resources professional to:
- Confirm your start date and time, where and to whom to report on the first day; get information on what to bring the first day, parking and dress code.
- Discuss your technology needs and requirements.
- Confirm name for business cards, if appropriate.
- Identify any activities that may need to occur prior to your first day (e.g. obtain employee id).
- Watch videos about the robust package of total rewards that are a part of working at Ohio State, including health and retirement benefits that require active enrollment within a certain time frame.
- Explore the CampusParc website for details on how to obtain your parking pass.
- Set up your Ohio State digital identity, including email address and BuckeyePass authentication after receiving confirmation that you are established in the HR System. By establishing your digital identity you will have access to Employee Self Service and other university websites.