Retirement for Former Employees & Retirees - Human Resources at Ohio State
Former Employees & Retirees
If you have an account balance in a university-sponsored retirement plan, you do not have to take any action at this time.
Unless you take action, your existing account(s) will remain in the legacy investment lineup and be subject to the requirements and fees of the applicable provider.
Former employees and retirees may determine:
- Keep existing account balances with a existing provider subject to the requirements and fees of the applicable provider.
- Move existing account balances to an ongoing provider in the new tiered investment lineup.
Any money that you move out of a legacy account cannot be moved back into it.
Use the NetBenefits portal to:
- Enroll in 403(b) and/or 457(b) plan(s)
- Change voluntary 403(b) and 457(b) contribution amounts
- Choose and/or change plan providers(s) for all plans
- Access tools and resources for planning
For Ohio Deferred Compensation elections, visit ohio457.org.