Family Care Benefits - Human Resources at Ohio State
Family Care Benefits
The Ohio State University has partnered with Bright Horizons® to offer new family care support benefits to employees and help them better manage their many work, life, and family responsibilities. This new benefit will be available starting January 1, 2023 for eligible Ohio State employees (full-time and part-time (at least 50% FTE) in a regular or term position).
This benefit is not available for pediatric faculty who also hold an appointment with Nationwide Children’s Hospital, COTC, OSU Physicians and Faculty Club employees.
Bright Horizons Family Concierge™
Family Concierge provides time-saving personalized guidance and creates a customized plan for family care based on what’s available to you through your Bright Horizons benefits. Care for young children, school-agers, and elder loved ones — both temporary and long-term — we’ve got it all covered. Plus, access tutoring and help with household responsibilities. And as your family’s needs change, we’ll adjust your care plan accordingly.
Here’s what your benefit includes:
- Expert support — 1:1 assistance via chat, phone, email, text, or video to find the right care for your family
- Proactive guidance — personalized outreach, coaching, and reminders to help lighten the load of care and enrichment planning
- Personalized resources — curated content, care plans, and webinars that provide the information you need, every step of the way
Bright Horizons Back-Up Care™
Eligible employees have access to a network of high-quality childcare centers and in-home care providers, which provide temporary care when you have a disruption in your regular care.
To help ease the cost of paying for back-up care, employees will only pay a co-pay while Ohio State pays for the rest of back-up care utilization. Co-pays paid for back-up care can be reimbursed through the Lifestyle Spending Account (LSA).
Back-Up Care benefit details
- Eligible employees can access up to 10 back-up care days per employee per year
- Center-based care is $25 per child/day or $40 per family/day
- In-home care for children and adults is $10 per hour
- If network care is unavailable, employees will be reimbursed $100 per day if they secure a personal caregiver.
Back-Up Care helps when…
- School is closed for a holiday, inclement weather or vacation
- A regular caregiver is unavailable
- Transitioning back to work from leave
- Working from home and children schooling from home
- An elder loved one needs care in their home anywhere in the U.S.
- Reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance up to the day care is needed.
- You can secure care by calling and speaking to a care consultant, through the Bright Horizons web portal or via the mobile app.
- In-home care is available for up to three children or adults, any more than three will require an additional caregiver (and co-pay). In-home care also requires a 4-hour minimum use.
- Cancellations must be received two (2) business days prior to a reservation to avoid paying a copay or using days.
- You can upload your co-pay receipts for reimbursement through your Lifestyle Spending Account powered by Health Equity | WageWorks. Learn how to submit a reimbursement claim here.
- This is a taxable benefit. Based on the value of back-up care utilized, taxable amounts less the copay will be reported as imputed income.
Bright Horizons Enhanced Family Supports™
Eligible employees have access to discounts for primary child care solutions, academic supports & tutoring services, enrichment programs, and elder care support. These programs are all self-sourced by employees, and services are fully paid by the employee.
Primary Child Care Solutions
- Preferred enrollment at Bright Horizons centers allows employees to jump to the front of the waitlist and receive a waived registration fee.
- Discounts on summer day camp at Steve & Kate’s Camp
- Waived membership fees for Sittercity’s database of sitters, nannies, pet sitters, and housekeepers
- Discounts on the placement fee from Jovie, a high-touch nanny placement service
- Access to before- and after-school programs from Right at School
Academic Support & Tutoring
- Discounts on tutoring from high-quality education partners, including Sylvan Learning, Varsity Tutors, and Revolution Prep
- Access and discounts for Brooklyn Robot Foundry, Code Ninjas, and MarcoPolo
Elder Care Support
- Access to Years Ahead, which provides an online needs assessment for elder family members, access to elder care resources, and guidance in finding senior care providers.