COBRA - Human Resources at Ohio State
COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act) allows you or a dependent covered under medical, dental, vision and/or health care Flexible Spending Accounts benefits to continue coverage when it is lost due to any of the following qualifying status changes:
- Termination of employment (for reasons other than gross misconduct)
- A reduction in the number of hours of employment that affects benefits eligibility
- Divorce or legal separation/termination of eligible same-sex domestic partnership
- Employee’s death (for eligible dependents)
- Child ceases to be eligible for coverage
COBRA is administered by CoreSource, who can be reached at (866) 442-8257. You pay the COBRA rate. Ohio State makes no contribution. All COBRA payments are made directly to CoreSource by you.
|Prime Care Advantage
|Prime Care Connect1||Prime Care Choice|
|Employee + Children||$974.49||$1,045.87||$945.09|
|Employee + Spouse||$1,106.19||$1,187.20||$1,072.82|
|1 Must meet additional eligibility criteria|
|Dental Plan||Vision Basic Plan||Vision Premier Plan|
|Employee + Children||$59.53||$10.87||$26.38|
|Employee + Spouse||$72.42||$13.44||$32.60|
|Maximum Coverage Continuation Period||Qualifying Event||Qualified Beneficiaries|
Termination of COBRA
COBRA coverage will cease on the last day of the month in which you
- Reach the maximum coverage period
- Fail to submit a premium payment
To view other reasons that COBRA may terminate, please visit the Faculty and Staff Health Plans Specific Plan Details.
This is intended to be an overview. Refer to the Plan Document for complete information. In the event the information on these pages differs from the Plan Document, the Plan Document will govern.