Ohio State provides you with a tax form, called a 1095-C, as part of our reporting requirements under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The 1095-C contains important information about medical coverage offered to you and your dependents by Ohio State. (View a blank Form 1095-C)
You can choose to receive the form online or by mail. Receiving your Form 1095-C online instead of by mail is:
- More secure
- Available anytime via an internet connection
- More environmentally sustainable
Equifax is Ohio State’s selected vendor to provide 1095-C forms. In order to receive an electronic copy of your 1095-C instead of a paper copy, employees can consent through the Equifax website, Tax Form Management. See the Form 1095-C Delivery Information section below for instructions on receiving an electronic copy.
Your 1095-C for the previous tax year will be available by the end of January. If you provided consent, Equifax will email you when your form is available. If no consent is provided, your form will be mailed to the home address on file in Workday.
Who Gets a 1095-C?
A Form 1095-C is provided to employees and retirees who were:
- Enrolled in medical coverage through The Ohio State University Faculty and Staff Health Plans at any point the preceding year, or
- Considered full-time employees and eligible for The Ohio State University Faculty and Staff Health Plans at any point during the tax year (even if those employees declined to participate in the medical coverage).
Form 1095-C Delivery Information
As a current employee, you should log into Workday using your Ohio State username, password and BuckeyePass authentication.
- On the Workday home page, click the Menu icon, at the top left of the page.
- Click Benefits
- On the Benefits page in Workday, select Form 1095-C, listed under External Links.
- You will be taken to Equifax’s secure Tax Form Management site.
- Click the Menu icon at the top left of the Tax Form Management page.
- Select My Tax Forms and your most recent tax forms will be available sorted by date.
- Mark the checkbox for the 2023 tax form.
- To view the document electronically, click “View”.
- You may then choose to save or print your form.
- You may also choose to send the document via mail or fax by clicking “Send”.
Check Your Current Electronic Delivery Consent Status
- From the Equifax homepage, click “My Account” from the drop down menu next to your name in the upper right hand side of the screen.
- On the My Account page, scroll down to the middle of the page to “Delivery Selections” to see your current 1095-C delivery status.
- To change your delivery status, mark the checkbox within the 1095-C button and follow the prompts.
Former employees can access their 1095-C through Equifax.
How to Log In to Equifax
- Go to mytaxform.com and enter Ohio State’s Company Code, 10380.
- Enter your OSU Employee ID (if you do not remember your OSU Employee ID call HR Connection at 614-247-myHR (6947)).
- Enter your PIN, which will be something that you previously established when accessing your 1095-C (or W-2) tax information. You may be prompted to reset your PIN.
- If you are a new user, you may be asked to provide basic personal information, including address, phone and email options.
- If you are a returning user, you may be asked to review existing profile information, including contact methods, and indicate your primary address, email, and phone preferences. NOTE: It is possible that some returning users may be treated like first-time users if they choose “Forgot User ID or PIN” or if our protocols identify a need for additional screening.
- Next, you may be challenged to verify your identity via the One-Time Passcode (OTP) process.
- Screen prompts will walk you through the process to deliver an OTP that will be sent via phone, text (SMS), or email. You may select the delivery method, and you must remain in the application (do not log out, do not close browser) while waiting for an OTP to be sent. Passcodes are sent in “real time,” and you should enter the received passcode immediately into the application you are trying to access.
- If you cannot receive an OTP via a real-time method, an OTP may be sent via U.S. Mail. Please keep in mind that it may take several days for you to receive the passcode. You will have 12 days from the generation date to receive and input the code.
- Once your identity is verified, you may be prompted to reset your PIN. You may also be asked if you’d like us to remember the device you are on to make future logins easier. Select “Yes” if you are logging on from a device you use frequently. Select “No” if you are logging on from a public device, or one you do not plan on using in the future. Once you have successfully logged into your account, you will be directed to the Main Menu.
- If your identity cannot be verified, you will be directed back to your employer for further assistance.
If you have problems logging in, please contact HR Connection at (614) 247-myHR (6947).
If you miss the consent deadline for the preceding tax year, your form will be mailed to the home address on file in the HR system. You can still provide consent to access your form online, and you will receive both mailed and electronic form. If you would like to provide electronic consent you may do so at any time.