Staff Appreciation Week - Human Resources at Ohio State
Staff Appreciation Week
Staff Appreciation Week is an annual celebration of Ohio State staff members to recognize their contributions to the university. Throughout the week of July 23-27, 2018, several campus-wide events and activities will be planned for the thousands of Ohio State staff members to thank them for their dedication to advancing the university’s mission.
Staff Appreciation Week events and activities will include exclusive tours of university landmarks like Ohio Stadium, special promotions, discounts and ticket offers for local sporting events, and other special offerings for Ohio State staff. Details will be released summer 2018.
Additionally, colleges, offices and departments are encouraged to acknowledge and celebrate the accomplishments of staff. Units and colleges may plan appreciation activities when it best fits their schedules.
ICE CREAM SOCIAL
Celebrate Staff Appreciation Week with a frozen treat. Take an afternoon break for free ice cream treats while supplies last.
- Monday, July 23, 1-4 p.m., Brief program around 1:40 p.m., West Plaza, Ohio Union
Tours of the following campus attractions have been arranged on a first come-first served basis. To make a reservation, email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. the day before the tour. Please specify tour location, tour date and time. and provide a contact phone number. Due to limited capacity, the stadium tours are for employees only.
OHIO STADIUM TOURS
Tuesday, July 24 9 – 10:30 a.m.FULL Tuesday, July 24 11 – 12:30 p.m.FULL Wednesday, July 25 11 – 12:30 p.m.FULL Wednesday, July 25 3 – 4:30 p.m.FULL Thursday, July 26 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.FULL Thursday, July 26 3 – 4:30 p.m.FULL
Visit the Horseshoe and see where the Buckeyes play during a complimentary tour. Reserve your spot by emailing email@example.com and specifying tour location, date and time, and provide a contact phone number. RSVPs are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis and are only for employees. RSVPs must be received prior to 5 p.m. the day before and participants should meet at the main entrance (Rotunda) of the stadium 5 minutes prior to the start time.
THE OHIO STATE PLANETARIUM
Tuesday, July 24 11:30 a.m.FULL Wednesday, July 25 3:00 p.m.FULL
To make a reservation, email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. the day before the tour. View Voyage Through the Solar System, a live show presented by Ohio State astronomers, that takes visitors on a tour of our solar system, stopping by the planets, dwarf planets and the asteroids. The Ohio State Planetarium is located on the 5th floor of Smith Laboratory at 174 W 18th Ave, on the Ohio State Main Campus in Columbus, Ohio. For more information, visit The Ohio State Planetarium website.
WEXNER CENTER FOR THE ARTS GALLERIES – ART AND MEDITATION
- Wednesday, July 25 12-1 p.m.
Join us for a creative infusion of art and meditation in the Wexner Center galleries, with our weekly On Pause series. Discussion and meditation instruction will take place at the beginning of each session, but you can drop in and participate at any time during the hour. To reserve your space, please RSVP here.
WEXNER CENTER FOR THE ARTS TOUR
Wednesday, July 25 1-2 p.m.FULL
Come and see what’s on view at the Wexner Center! Tours are great ways to find out more about the Wexner Center’s exhibitions and architecture, bringing art alive through spirited discussion and providing unique, behind-the-scenes insights into contemporary culture. Guided tours are highly interactive and visitors are encouraged to ask questions and actively engage with the art. To reserve your space, email email@example.com.
Check out the list of merchants in the Gateway offering deals/discounts this week in honor of Ohio State staff! Bring your valid Buck-ID, staff or Medical Center ID to receive the discounts.
All offers, limit one person, per day.
- Berry Blendz: BOGO on any regular-sized smoothie. Offer good Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m, only.
- First Watch: Buy One, Get One free Entrée.
- Figleaf Boutique: 20% off full priced items with OSU Faculty/Staff ID and email address, which will be entered into our giveaway drawing for a chance to win 1 of 4 $25 gift certificates that we will announce via email on August 1.
- Leo’s on the Alley: Stop in at Happy Hour for half-off all drinks; drop your biz card during appreciation week and be entered to win a $25 Leo’s gift card! Offer valid Tuesday through Friday, 6-8 p.m.
- World of Beer: Free loaded taters or mac ‘n cheese bites with a beverage purchase. Dine-in only.
- TRISM: Buy a smoothie, get a free toast!
July 23-27 (with presenting your Wexner Medical Center/OSU ID)
- Scarlet Ribbon Gift Shops (University Hospital and OSU Hospital East): 25 percent discount on all purchases (some exclusions may apply) during Staff Appreciation Week.
- BistrOH! and BistrOH! To Go: 12 or 16 oz regular coffee (not cappuccino, not Starbucks) for $0.79 or any 24 or 32 oz fountain drink (not Juice) for $0.91 (fountain drinks are always taxed).
- Cheryl’s cookies (OSUWMC location only) will offer 20% discount on regular priced items July 23-27.
- Huntington National Bank, the Official Consumer Bank of The Ohio State University, is pleased to offer free cookies on Friday, July 27, of Staff Appreciation Week in its two Wexner Medical Center locations (The James and Doan Hall). Available for all Ohio State staff during regular banking hours while supplies last.
- Wendy’s (Doan Hall location only): Free Small Frosty or Small Chili with any purchase, must show OSU ID.
COLUMBUS CREW S.C.
Saturday, July 21 vs. Orlando City (7:30 p.m.)
Ohio State faculty and staff can get discount tickets to support your hometown team, the Columbus Crew S.C. as they take on the Orlando City soccer club. It’s also half off concessions night! Find tickets.
Additional games and offers:
Saturday, August 11 vs. Houston Dynamo (7:30 p.m.)
- Columbus Zoo Night (animals on the plaza before the game)
- Mascot Halftime Game
- Post-Match PK on the field after the match (14 and under)
- Find tickets
Saturday, September 22 vs. Colorado Rapids (7:30 p.m.)
- Half Priced Concessions Night!
- Find tickets
Sunday, October 28 vs. Minnesota United (7:30 p.m.)
- Trick or Treat on the Plaza before the match
- Post-Match PK on the field after the match (14 and under)
- Find tickets
COLUMBUS ZOO AND AQUARIUM
Purchase half-priced tickets to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium now through August 31, 2018. Tickets are valid until September 3, 2018. General admission tickets are $8.50 (regularly $16.99) and child/senior tickets are $6.00 (regularly $11.99). Click here and enter username osuohrtalent and password hoover. No refunds or exchanges. If you have questions, contact Lindsey Orme at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HANG OVER EASY
Fifteen percent discount on dine-in orders. Offer is valid July 23-27 with an Ohio State ID.
HUNTINGTON NATIONAL BANK
Huntington National Bank, The Official Consumer Bank of The Ohio State University, is pleased to offer free cookies on Friday, July 27, of Staff Appreciation Week in its five campus locations (list below). Available for all Ohio State staff during regular banking hours while supplies last.
- 17th and High (1928 N High St)
- 11th and Neil (235 W 11th Ave)
- Central (2055 Millikin Rd, Tuttle Garage)
- Doan Hall (OSUWMC)
- The James (OSUWMC)
OHIO STATE FAIR LUNCH SPECIAL
- Tuesday, July 31, through Thursday, August 2, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Special $2 discount admission price for entry to the Ohio State Fair from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Change up your lunch routine and sample some of the hundreds of sizzling, mouthwatering snacks at the Fair by printing this coupon. Visit ohiostatefair.com to view the interactive food finder to see all that is available or search for your favorite Fair food.
WEXNER CENTER FOR THE ARTS FREE ADMISSION JULY 23-27
The Wexner Center for the Arts is offering free admission to the Inherent Structure exhibition, located in the Wexner Center Galleries. Must present Buck-ID, staff ID or Medical Center ID to receive free admission. Other discounts include film tickets available at member pricing, 10 percent off Wex Store purchases and 10 percent off Wexner Center memberships purchased during this timeframe.
Ohio State staff and faculty are eligible for discounts available off regular admission prices for Broadway performances, hotels, amusement/water parks, sporting events and other attractions all year long.
Get discounts for amusement parks and summer family fun attractions, including Cedar Point, Kings Island and Soak City Water Park, COSI, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium and other travel, entertainment and leisure activities. Simply visit COESRA and create a username and unique password, using Membership Key: 151956396803 to access discounts for Ohio State.
Ohio State faculty and staff have access to discounted Broadway Shows, sporting events and national attractions through Corporate Offers.
TICKETS AT WORK
Exclusive discounts, special offers and access to preferred seating and tickets to top attractions, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets, hotels and more. Please visit TicketsatWork.com for more offers and ordering details. Tickets can be ordered online or by calling 1-800-331-6483. Your company code is GoBucks.