Distinguished Staff Awards - Human Resources at Ohio State
Distinguished Staff Awards
The Distinguished Staff Award annually honors 12 individuals for their outstanding achievements, service, leadership and dedication to The Ohio State University. The Distinguished Staff Award is the highest honor bestowed upon staff at the university since its inception in 1984.
Nominations for the Distinguished Staff Awards are accepted annually between December and January. The 2020 nomination period will be Monday, December 2, 2019, through Monday, January 27, 2020, at 5 p.m. Nominations are accepted by submitting the required materials outlined in the nomination form by the annual deadline.
A luncheon was held for the 2019 award recipients on April 30 to honor their outstanding leadership, accomplishments and service to The Ohio State University.
Congratulations to the 2019 Distinguished Staff Award recipients.
Recipients are honored at an annual luncheon and each recipient receives a $1,500 cash award, $700 base salary increase and crystal trophy. Honorees are recognized at a spring luncheon with university leadership and guests of the award recipients.
All part-time and full-time staff with a minimum of five years of continuous service at Ohio State in a regular non-faculty position may be nominated. Previous recipients of the Distinguished Staff Award are ineligible for nomination.
Award recipients will be selected on the merits and strengths of the following contributions:
- Enhancing the quality of work life in ways that make a significant difference for colleagues or customers.
- Providing outstanding and ongoing excellence in service to faculty, staff, students, community, and/or other customers.
- Developing creative solutions to problems that result in significantly more effective and efficient department or university operations.
- Consistent demonstration of one or more of the university’s values: Excellence, Collaborating as One University, Acting with Integrity and Personal Accountability, Openness and Trust, Diversity in People and Ideas, Change and Innovation, Simplicity in Our Work, Empathy and Compassion, and Leadership.
Nominations for the Distinguished Diversity Enhancement Awards are accepted annually between December and January submitting the following materials:
- Nomination Form: Complete the nominating form.
- Nominating Statement:A nominating statement citing specific accomplishments and services of the nominee (double spaced/three pages maximum).
- Supporting Material: No more than three letters. Letters of support should represent the diverse group of colleagues/customers (faculty, staff, students, or other individuals) who have personal knowledge of and who have benefited from the nominee’s services.
The nominating statement and letters of support should include specific examples of the contributions the nominee has made.
Congratulations to all past recipients of the Distinguished Staff Award. Thank you for your dedication and contributions to the university. Read more about their achievements and the impact they are making below.