Distinguished Diversity Enhancement Awards - Human Resources at Ohio State
Distinguished Diversity Enhancement Awards
The Office of Human Resources and the Senate Diversity Committee annually recognize diversity efforts at The Ohio State University. Faculty, staff, students, student organizations and alumni can nominate their colleagues to be selected as one of five recipients.
Nominations for the Distinguished Diversity Enhancement Awards are accepted annually between December and January. The 2020 nomination period will be Monday, December 2, 2019, through Monday, January 27, 2020, at 5 p.m. Nominations are accepted by submitting the required materials outlined in the nomination form by the annual deadline.
A luncheon was held for the 2019 award recipients on April 17 to celebrate their exceptional leadership of diversity efforts at The Ohio State University.
Congratulations to the 2019 Distinguished Diversity Enhancement Award recipients.
Recipients are honored at an annual ceremony and each receive a plaque and a $1,200 cash award. Honorees are recognized at a spring luncheon with university leadership, diversity ambassadors and supporters, and guests of the award recipients.
The Distinguished Diversity Enhancement Award celebrates and rewards members of the Ohio State community who are shaping the university with cutting-edge curriculum, mentorship, new programs or policy impact that are making diversity and inclusiveness a part of its best practices by changing daily operations, program components or cultural awareness.
Award nominees can be academic or academic support units (or teams within a unit), campus organizations, students, alumni, faculty, staff or retirees who have implemented policies, procedures, and/or programs to enhance diversity on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran or military service status, gender identity or expression, economic status, political belief, marital status or social background. The Senate Diversity Committee strongly encourages the nomination of deserving students.
Nominations for the Distinguished Diversity Enhancement Awards are accepted annually between December and January submitting the following materials:
- Nomination Form: Complete the nominating form.
- Nominating Statement: Submit a letter of nomination (three pages maximum) that addresses how the nominee has demonstrated a significant commitment to enhancing diversity above and beyond their role or responsibilities through one or more of the following. Your nomination should describe creative models, strategies or best practices and why it should be considered a best practice. Please specify sustained and recent contributions. Documentation of data and success rates also should be included.
- Description of accomplishments, leadership and service in support of diversity enhancement.
- Description of achievement in creating a supportive environment.
- Description of achievement in recruiting and retaining, and administrative positions.
- Description of achievement in recruiting,retaining and graduating diverse groups of students.
- Consistent demonstration of one or more of the university’s values: Excellence,Collaborating as One University, Acting with Integrity and Personal Accountability,Openness and Trust, Diversity in People and Ideas, Change and Innovation, Simplicity in Our Work, Empathy and Compassion,and Leadership.
- Supporting Material: Please provide no more than three letters of support for this nomination. Other relevant supporting material, such as curriculum vitae (abbreviated) or resumes (individual nominations only) and newspaper articles may be included.
Congratulations to all of the previous Distinguished Diversity Enhancement Award recipients. Thank you for your dedication and contributions to the university and diversity. Read more about their accomplishments and important work below.