Distinguished Staff Awards
Nomination deadline: Monday, February 17, 2014
The Distinguished Staff Awards will honor twelve staff members for their outstanding leadership and accomplishments in service to the university at an awards luncheon ceremony.
Award recipients will be selected on the merits and strengths of the following kinds of contributions:
- Enhancing the quality of work-life in ways that make a significant difference for colleagues or customers.
- Providing outstanding and ongoing excellence in services to faculty, staff, students and/or other customers.
- Developing creative solutions to problems that result in significantly more effective and efficient department or university operations.
All part-time and full-time staff with a minimum of five years of continuous service at The Ohio State University in a regular non-faculty position, may be nominated for these awards. Previous recipients of the Distinguished Staff Award are ineligible for nomination.
Each award recipient will receive a crystal trophy, a $1500 cash award, and an increase of $700 to his or her base salary.
Nominations must include the following:
- A completed nomination form found in the Award Brochure/Application Form.
- A nominating statement citing specific accomplishments and services of the nominee (double spaced/3 pages maximum).
- Up to three letters of support that represent the diverse group of customers/colleagues who have personal knowledge of and who have benefitted from the nominee's services.
- The entire packet must not exceed 10 pages, including the nomination form.
- Submit one copy of all information to the Office of Human Resources or email@example.com .
Call the Office of Human Resources, Special Events, at 614-292-0641 for more information.