Employee Self Service
ESS Quick Links
Due to regular maintenance, ESS is unavailable:
Monday-Saturday: 1:30 a.m.- 6:30 a.m.
Sunday: Midnight-11 a.m.
Having trouble logging in to ESS? Visit my.osu.edu, or call 688-HELP (4357- university) or 293-3861 (Med Center).
If you're having trouble after you log in, it may be a compatibility issue. PeopleSoft, the HR information System, isn't compatible with Internet Explorer 9 and 10. If you receive a "Type Error," follow the tips outlined in this article or try using another browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Other helpful articles include Minimum and Recommended Computer Configurations and Support Browser Information.
Employee Self Service (ESS) offers a single, secure sign on for individuals to manage their personal information.
eBenefits allows you to enroll in and manage your benefits elections when you are eligible to make changes, such as at hire/rehire, when newly eligible (due to job status change, etc.), and during open enrollment. eBenefits includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible spending accounts (health care, dependent care)
- Short–term disability
- Beneficiary designation
- Dependent life insurance
- Voluntary life insurance
- Supplemental retirement plans
- Dependent tuition assistance
eBenefits can be used to change benefit elections due to certain life events, including marriage, divorce, addition or termination of a same sex domestic relationship, birth, adoption/legal guardianship, gain or loss of other coverage. Forms will still be required for enrollment changes due to all other life events.
These tutorials offer step–by–step instructions on making changes in eBenefits.
- I am a New Hire. How do I start enrolling in Benefits using eBenefits?
- I am a university employee. How do I log into eBenefits?
- I am a Wexner Medical Center or College of Medicine Employee. How do I log into eBenefits?
- I have experienced a Life Event. How do I update my Benefits using eBenefits?
- Enrolling into Flexible Spending Accounts
- Enrolling into Disability and/or Voluntary Life Insurance Plans
- Enrolling your Ohio State student into Dependent Tuition Assistance
- I am a current employee. How do I see a summary of my Benefits?
- Designating your Life Insurance Beneficiaries through Benefit Summary
- Enrolling Your Dependents into Health Benefits
- Enrolling, Changing, or Waiving Supplemental Retirement Accounts
ePay allows you to manage your payroll information online. With ePay, you can:
- W-4: Change marital status, withholding allowances, school district, and city of residence.
- Direct Deposit: Make direct deposit account information changes.
- Paystub Print Functionality: Generate printable, browser-based PDFs of paystubs.
ePay Job Aids
eProfile allows you to update your personal demographic information (i.e. phone number, address, race, and ethnicity). This will update information in PeopleSoft, which immediately updates your:
- Campus mail and phone
- Personal e–mail
- Home address and phone
- Emergency contact information
- Race/ethnicity information
If you are also a student, you will need to update your address in the Student Information System at BuckeyeLink.
eProfile Job Aids
These Job Aids offer tips on using eProfile.
You can access your FSA account online 24 hours a day, seven days a week. From your online account, you can check your account balance, track expenses, file a manual claim, and set up communication preferences. To access your account, log in to Employee Self Service (ESS), then click on My FSA.
YP4H rewards you for improving your health and well-being. Because the happier and healthier you are, the more you can enjoy life and be your best. YP4H services include Biometric Health Screenings, Personal Health & Well-Being Assessment, My Health. My Plan. My Actions. incentive program, Health Coaching, Care Coordination, Educational Programming, and much more. To get started, log in to Employee Self Service (ESS).
eTimesheet and eLeave provide for university-wide the collection of time worked or leave taken by university employees. To access your account, log in to Employee Self Service (ESS).