- Benefits Services
- Health Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Benefits
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Education Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Paid/Unpaid Time Off
- Additional Benefits
- GA and Student Employee Benefits
- Benefits Eligibility
Is Walgreens still in the pharmacy benefit network through the end of 2011?
Yes, Walgreens will still be a participating network pharmacy through the remainder of this year.
Are other pharmacies affected by the contract dispute with Express Scripts (ESI) or only Walgreens?
Only Walgreens-owned pharmacies in the ESI network are affected. Walgreens also operates under Duane Reade, Happy Harry's and OptionCare. Other pharmacies in the network are unaffected.
How can I find out what other network pharmacies are available to me?
On average, there is another network pharmacy within one-half mile of a Walgreens pharmacy. A listing of participating pharmacies in Ohio can be found at hr.osu.edu/benefits/hb_retailpharmacylocations.aspx or you may access the Pharmacy Locator tool at Express-Scripts.com to provide you with in-network options.
My Walgreens pharmacy is open 24 hours; Are there any other 24-hour pharmacy options in the network?
There are other convenient 24-hour pharmacy options in the network. The Pharmacy Locator tool at Express-Scripts.com can provide other in-network options that also provide 24-hour service.
Also, in an emergency situation requiring 24-hour pharmacy access where no other network pharmacy in your area is available, you may utilize a non-network pharmacy. In this instance you would be required to pay full price for your prescription, and then submit the claim for reimbursement.
How can I transfer a prescription if I wish to select another network pharmacy?
You can easily transfer a prescription to a new pharmacy by doing one of the following:
- Take your prescription bottle to your new pharmacy and they will contact your old pharmacy to transfer your prescription.
- Call the new pharmacy and ask them to contact your old pharmacy about transferring a prescription.
- Ask your doctor to call your new pharmacy with your prescription information.
- Visit www.StartHomeDelivery.com to begin receiving up to a 90-day supply of maintenance medications through ESI's Home Delivery mail order pharmacy.