Dependent Tuition Assistance: Application window now open
The window to apply for Autumn 2014 term dependent tuition assistance is June 30, 2014 – August 29, 2014. To apply online, log on to Employee Self Service via hr.osu.edu or OneSource, click on eBenefits, then click on Dependent Tuition Assistance. Paper DTA applications are also still available for those who cannot enroll online.
Applications for Dependent Tuition Assistance (DTA) must be submitted for each term for each dependent. This captures the current tax status of each dependent, and eliminates the need for a separate tax affidavit. For questions, view Dependent Tuition Assistance information, or contact Customer Service at 292-1050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Dependent Tuition Assistance each term
Applications for Dependent Tuition Assistance (DTA) must be submitted for each term for each dependent. This captures the current tax status of each dependent, and eliminates the need for a separate tax affidavit mailing between you and the university. Faculty and staff can apply online using Employee Self Service; the deadline to apply online for the Summer 2014 term March 10 – June 20. To apply online, log on to Employee Self Service via hr.osu.edu or OneSource, click on eBenefits, then click on Dependent Tuition Assistance. Paper DTA applications are available for those needing them, and all applications submitted outside of the online enrollment window.
Student Employees: Retirement Exemption Process Changed
Student retirement exemption forms must be submitted to OHR within 30 days before or after the hire date. Forms received after this deadline will not be accepted and the student will irrevocably pay into retirement unless there is a 12-month break. If an exemption is valid, but the form is not received by the payroll cutoff date (and a deduction is taken), a refund will automatically be given after the exemption request has been approved by OPERS. Students should allow approximately 60 days for the refund. Review the OPERS Exemption Submission Calendar to determine when a correctly completed form must be in our office in order to meet the payroll deadline so no retirement deductions are withheld..
The Ohio State University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, and more
- Flexible Spending Accounts – contribute through payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis for health care and/or dependent care
- Retirement – while employed at Ohio State, your retirement contributions must be invested with one of the state retirement plans
- Life Insurance – a variety of options are available to protect faculty and staff, and their dependents
- Education – Ohio State offers tuition assistance for eligible faculty and staff and their dependents
- Disability – Integrated Absence Management and Vocational Services, long-term disability, short-term disability, workers' compensation, and more
For General Questions
1590 N. High St., Suite 300
Columbus, OH 43201-2190
Phone: 614-292-1050, 1-800-678-6010, TDD 614-688-3730
For FSA Questions
For Tax Questions