Income replacement due to a work place (occupational) injury or disease that affects your ability to perform your job. Learn more about what to do if you are injured at work.
- Benefit Summary - Workers' Compensation
- Disability Guide
- Premium Rates - Workers' compensation benefits are paid for by the university.
- For claims, contact Integrated Absence Management and Vocational Services
- Bureau of Workers' Compensation
If you are unsure whether or not you are eligible for this benefit, go to Benefit Eligibility.
Workers' Comp Self-insurance
As of January 1, 2013, The Ohio State University shifted from a state-funded to a self-insured workers' compensation program. The Self-Injury Reporting Packet contains information about the claims filing process, and a list of providers.
- Self-Injury Reporting Packet
- Rebuttable Presumption
- Notice to Employees
- Claim Filing Process: This document overviews the claims filing process based on date of injury.
- HR Toolkit
- Manager Toolkit
- Self-Insurance FAQ
- Injury Flyer
- Self-Insured Certificate of Employer's Right to Pay Compensation Directly
CareWorks Consultants Inc. will house all of The Ohio State University's Self-Insured workers' compensation files. To request a copy of your file, you may contact CareWorks Consultants Inc. at 888-647-3815 or fax your request to 614-495-5161.
|Date of Injury||Claim Filing Process||Payment of Compensation and Billing|
On or Before 12/31/2012
On or After