LTD benefits are extended by the university to provide income protection after a 90-day waiting period when your extended disability prevents you from working. If you have been off work due to an injury or illness, contact the Office of Human Resources, Integrated Absence Management and Vocational Services.
- Benefit Summary - Disability
- Premium Rates - The university pays 100% of the premiums, so there is no direct contribution by you.
- Benefit Administrator - Unum
- Contact - Integrated Absence Management and Vocational Services
- Disability Guide
- Disability - Specific Plan Details
- Disability Claim Reporting Instructions
If you are unsure whether or not you are eligible for this benefit, go to Benefit Eligibility.
Supplemental Individual Disability Insurance
Eligible Ohio State faculty and staff have the opportunity to enroll in the Supplemental IDI plan, which provides additional coverage over and above the university's Group Long-Term Disability (LTD) plan. The IDI plan is available to faculty and staff earning a base salary of at least $100,000 and having an appointment of at least 50% FTE. The benefit is available on a voluntary basis, and premiums will be paid through post-tax payroll deductions.