Dependent Eligibility Verification, Spring 2015
The Ohio State University is committed to offering high-quality health care coverage while being good stewards of its resources by managing costs of its benefits programs. Covering ineligible dependents may be unnecessarily increasing plan costs by millions per year based on an average annual per dependent cost of more than $4,600.
To ensure that benefits are being appropriately allocated to those who are eligible, the university requires all employees to verify their covered dependents’ eligibility. The university has contracted with Xerox HR Solutions (Xerox) on the verification process.
Ohio State employees who have not yet verified their dependents’ eligibility will receive instructions from Xerox, which will send packets on March 17.
The deadline for submission of proof of eligibility is April 16.
This advance notice is being provided so that you may begin gathering the documents needed to verify your dependents’ eligibility.
Read http://hr.osu.edu/benefits/hb_dependentcertification for more information.
Faculty and Staff Benefits
The Ohio State University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, and more
- Flexible Spending Accounts – contribute through payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis for health care and/or dependent care
- Retirement – while employed at Ohio State, your retirement contributions must be invested with one of the state retirement plans
- Life Insurance – a variety of options are available to protect faculty and staff, and their dependents
- Education – Ohio State offers tuition assistance for eligible faculty and staff and their dependents
- Disability – Integrated Absence Management and Vocational Services, long-term disability, short-term disability, workers' compensation, and more
For questions, please contact
Customer Service Center