HR System Notes: Based on certain criteria within an individual's appointment, benefit eligibility is defaulted into the Human Resource Information System (HRIS). The information on this site corresponds to the benefit package that defaults into the Employee Classification (Empl Class) field on the Job Information panel within Job Data. The HRIS Officer Code indicates the full-time equivalent (FTE) assigned to the Empl Class (01-49, 50-74, 75-100, prehire). Also included are the departmental benefits composite rates (the percentage of salary that the department is charged per pay for each faculty and/or staff member in a specific employee classification).
Benefit Eligibility by Appointment
This is an online version of the Benefits Eligibility Booklet, which contains a list benefits that The Ohio State University offers to its faculty and staff. Eligibility is based on job code, length of appointment, and full-time equivalency (FTE) percentage of appointment. If you have any questions about faculty or staff eligibility or about the specific benefit programs, please contact the Office of Human Resources Customer Service Center.
You can also view the full Employee Benefits Eligibility Handbook (PDF) (34 page document) in PDF format.
- Faculty (PDF)
- A & P Unclassified Staff (PDF)
- Classified Civil Service Staff (PDF)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow (PDF)
- Post-Doctoral Researcher (PDF)
- Non Benefits Eligible (PDF)
- Auxiliary Faculty & Visiting Auxiliary Faculty (PDF)
- Clinical Instructor House Staff - Disability Eligible (PDF)
- Graduate Associates — GAA, GRA, GTA (PDF)
- University Affiliated Groups (PDF)
- Intern (PDF)
- Graduate Fellow (PDF)